I have been super emotional lately (poor Michael), which is a little out of character for me. I totally bawled my eyes out watching My Boy, Jack last night on PBS' Masterpiece. Anyone else catch it?

Then today I started crying again, watching the Boston marathon coverage on TV. I know that sounds really silly, but I was truly inspired by the runners' dedication and their stories. Running is so hard and so rewarding.

There are two qualifying marathons in the Boston area this coming October (the Bay State Marathon and the Hartford, CT marathon). The official time requirement to be eligible to compete in the Boston marathon is 3 hours 40 minutes. So, doing the math, that's roughly 8 minute miles for 26.2 miles. Yeah, so maybe not the Boston marathon. The goal might be just to finish in one of the qualifying races!


One step at a time though. Right now I run 3-5 miles, three times a week - basically at a beginners level. Runner's World suggests signing up for 10K and half marathon races as milestones in preparing for a marathon. They have tons of great training schedules here.


Who's with me? Christine? Give me another chance as a running buddy?

Maybe I'll get myself this and a new pair of Nikes as an incentive present...

BTW, this is my favorite website to use when planning my runs. Helps me figure out routes for the mileage that I want and keeps the scenery fresh!

Also, here's a little chuckle for all you runners out there. I think a lot of people will be able to relate to this tomorrow...
 
Top