Did you notice that the headboards used in this adorable room featured in Domino (I can't get over this color combination!) are from Target?


I think $249 each is a pretty great price point and if I was in a pinch to get a guest room decorated, I would totally buy these headboards. If I had some time though (not to mention, another room to decorate), I would make my own headboards using the following:

Plywood, cut to fit by my friendly neighborhood Home Depot dudes:
Upholstery grade batting (available at most fabric stores):


Red linen or twill fabric. Since I am on a budget, I would probably use my 40% off coupon at JoAnn's or check what's available on eBay. No need to pre-wash my fabric, since I'm upholstering (not making a washable slip cover):

Trusty PowerShot staple gun... a girl's best friend (well, along with her hot glue gun):Upholstery nail strips (these make for very straight lines when you only have to put in one stud for every five nail heads):


I'm definitely putting this room in my book for later. I think it's a great, expensive look, but a really cheap and easy project.
 
Top