I hope you all are ready for some serious eye candy. I scoured through my saved files for every room with a sunburst mirror. And, let me tell you, there were plenty to choose from. Have I told you that I really, really like sunburst mirrors?

When we lived in Europe over the summer, I started noticing sunburst mirrors everywhere. They were all over the Paris fleas and I decided that I really wanted one. I ended up buying two at a Brussels flea market for a great price and I wish I would have bought more. The awesome thing about a sunburst mirrors is they can look great in just about every room!

I'll show you...

Living rooms
(some of these mirrors are really bullseye mirrors, but I think they are all in the same family)


Loving this layered look...


(not a mirror, but isn't this window GREAT!?)


Dining rooms

Hallway/foyers

Kitchen

Even the bathroom!

I think my favorite room to use a sunburst mirror is the bedroom. There are so many great examples...








Are you sold yet? A sunburst mirror is like the ultimate accessory, whether in a traditional or modern room, with a cheap repro or an original vintage piece.

Most antique sunburst mirrors are budget-busters, but there are a few good places to get the look for less.

Since I apparently can't do a post without linking to eBay auctions, I'll get this one out of the way first! These are all on eBay now.

Cheesy pic, but cheap at $45

From Peru

Horchow


Originally hung in a Disney world resort?
Here are the rest of the sunburst eBay auctions.

And from the retail side, Ballard has a $200 version, which isn't that expensive. Plus Ballard offers 10% and 15% off sales all the time. This particular mirror is a great size at 31". If you are willing to go for a smaller size though, I saw a very similar one at TJMaxx for less than $40.

I love the antiqued mirror edge on this Target version, also about $200.


This small sunburst is at Michael's in the Christmas decor section right now and would look great above your bed. I think the full price is $50 or $60, but make sure you use your 40% off coupon.


What do you think of sunburst mirrors? Do you have one? Where do you hang it?
 
Top