It wasn't all that long ago that I made a tufted ottoman from a $25 Craigslist coffee table.


I never loved the velvet (it was just something I had already) and I couldn't manage to get the tufts as deep as I wanted and that always bugged me.


So reupholstering the coffee-table-turned-ottoman was high on the priority list after moving.


I ended up bagging the tufting idea, and adding a few more layers of batting and foam for a more rounded effect. Another big change was I cut the legs down a few inches. I feel like this is a much more visually pleasing height.


I used a little of my vintage grosgrain ribbon to cover up the staples. I think these new corners turned out so much better!


What do you think of the results? I really happy with the colors of the new fabric with my sofa and pillows. And I'm so excited to show you guys the rest of the room. Most of the art went up today and the curtains will be finished later this week (wait 'til you see those - holy DRAMA!).
{P.S. the blue linen pillows are available at Crate&Barrel right now, in case some of you fellow peacock blue lovers are interested.}

 
Top