Comcast came this afternoon (hallelujah). While a week and a half without internet was horrible, I must admit that there were some very nice aspects of not being "connected" all the time.

On Saturday I drove up to Philadelphia to meet up with a client for some shopping. We had great luck at a tiny little flea market called the Golden Nugget in Bucks County. Later we stopped by Stable Tables to place an order for a custom farm house style dining table made from reclaimed barn wood. (so excited about this!)



At one point in the trip we swung into a little antique shop in Flourtown, PA. There was a completely stunning white trellis folding screen that jumped out at both me and my client. Unfortunately it wasn't for sale, but since then the idea of using a folding screen won't seem to get out of my mind!

Here are a few inspiration images that I've had saved forever (and, as always, I love getting help from readers with the image credits for the many unknown sources).

I really love the dimension a folding screen brings to a space...

via Domino

Jonathan Adler screen via Mrs Blanding's Blog
Unknown

Unknown

Unknown

Unknown

Nuevo Estilo

My House Ideas.com

Munge Leung

via Domino

Fiona Weeks

Eric Piasecki

via Domino

Source Unknown - isn't this a cool idea for hiding the tv??
Cottage Living

There are lots of beautiful options out there, if any of you are in the market.

I love Ballard's ($349) upholstered divider. I wish it had more panels and wasn't so pricey. The nailhead detail makes me so happy though...


Craigslist never lets me down. This $100 screen on Phili's CL would look great with some new fabric and a coat of glossy paint...


And some paint on this eBay screen ($128, includes shipping) would make all the difference. Love the little quatrefoil design!

This screen ($320 on eBay) looks like it came straight from Pieces.


And, of course, there's always the DIY route! This Old House has instructions (complete with a video) for making your own folding screen posted here.
 
Top