I have been in Arizona for my Grandmother's funeral. It's been a special time for me - hearing lovely stories about her life and celebrating the gracious woman she was.

This last week was spent helping my mom put out some of Grandma's things she inherited, like a few pieces of silver brought over on the boat from Sweden, hung here in a shadow box.



We also hung a few pieces of china from different sides of the family.


I like the way they look together, especially in the mirror, which is the view from the entry.


As much as I love a good DIY project, I think there's nothing like incorporating family heirlooms or pieces with special meaning into home decor. I smiled and thought of Grandma each time I sat down at the dining table this week and got a glimpse of the plates or silverware.

PS Evelyn inherited my grandmother's eyes. Even better than china.

 
Top