I showed my friend a photo of this lovely Tiger Oak antique desk that I'm buying off craigslist and she immediately asked what color I was going to paint it.



It's no secret that I'm a really big fan of painted furniture, so it might surprise you how much I actually love the look of wood. It adds so much warmth that I always try to use at least one all-wood piece in a room.



My paint brushes will be coming nowhere near this pretty little desk.


One of my very favorite ways to incorporate wooden furniture is using antique chests in entry ways. The best way to pull this off in a fresh way is to pair the traditional wood with modern art and some quirky accessories. A great lamp is always welcome!


House and Home


Thom Felicia


Suzanne Tucker


Marmalade Interiors


Domino




Domino




Mark Olsen Photog (for House and Home)

What do you think? Have you warmed up to wood again? Or were the embers of love always burning?
 
Top