I love unexpected details in a room. It's fun to throw in a couple conversation pieces - items that draw in the eye and that can't be immediately tagged as Pottery Barn or IKEA.

We like to keep the door to our walk-in closet open (I'm in there a lot and plus I keep my jewelry on shelves mounted to the inside of the door) so we needed a doorstop. I scored this little (he's only about 4" tall) antique doorstop from eBay for $7 (that includes shipping - and this guy weighs about 3 lbs).

A little weird? yes. Unexpected and fun? Definitely.



We're pretty much done with our bedroom. We got a new duvet (classic white with gray trim). Now I just need to photoshop some family photos (using this tutorial I saw on Photojojo on how to get the cross-processing look) and we're in business. I plan to finish with that project after we get back from vacation.
 
Top