Mantels are tricky to decorate! I haven't dedicated enough time to our fireplace mantel, and it's one of my least favorite areas of our house. I just threw some extras up there and have never really styled it. Whatever, I guess - it's fine for the next two months.

(White ginger jars from Home Goods, Silver candy dishes from a thrift store, antiqued mirror from a flea market, Dala horses from eBay, art from Etsy and 20x200)

I have a few friends and clients who have been asking for mantel styling inspiration. And there are two fireplaces in our next place, so I could use a little inspiration myself.


DC Design House, via Washington Post

Domino


Elle Decor


Sara Story


James Brittain


Brown Design for HB

I like a pair of topiaries, orchards or other potted plants:

Carrier and Co

Sally Steponkus

Erik Kvalsvik

Domino
Brown Design for HB

I also like quirky little collections:

Elle Decor

HB


Domino


Ann Mihn

I've noticed lots of off-centered pairings of two accessories (usually candlesticks):

HB



Martensen via Desire to Inspire


Country Living





Michael Smith via Urban Grace

Loving a great pair of sconces flaking the fireplace mirror:


Elle Decor


Domino


I also love the layered look. A great big mirror and a few small pieces of art, plus a little accessory or two:

via Style Court


Sarah Richardson


Elle Decor
 
Top