I've been on the look out for the perfect container to use as a mold for this project. I really want to copy Lindsay from Everything LEB and make one of these beautiful papier mache trays.


Here's Lindsay's tutorial.






She used Martha Stewart's Araucana Tea lightened with white for the turquoise outside and a gold spray paint from Krylon for the interior (but she and I agree that the best spray paint is not Krylon. My hands-down favorite line is Rustoleum, especially for metallics).




I'm going to make a bunch of these to have on hand for hostess gifts. Pretty dishes and trays are so fun to put on just about any flat surface. Use them to corral soap dispensers at the sink, jewelry, house keys, candy, business cards, loose change, remote controls, paper clips, hair ties, perfumes...

 
Top