Like I mentioned yesterday, my husband is graduating from law school in about two months. He is doing a clerkship for a year in Delaware, but after that he's accepted a position with a firm in Manhattan. We've been having the city vs. suburbia debate for a long time now. He is almost ALWAYS on the city team. I'm a flip-flopper.

Yesterday I was on Team City (hence, the small kitchen post). Today I'm with Suburbia. All because I started perusing my "Yard/Garden/Exterior" file.

Here's a (would you believe it?) small sampling of some of my favorites...

In my dreams, we would have a little hide-away house in the backyard. A place to sneak away with a good book (or my laptop)...


A perfect place to eat dinner in the summertime. So very French.

(I love this picture, below. Not only because it's a great idea (locker storage in a garage) but because I've always dreamed of having a family full of boys! I guess we're destined to have a big family, because so far we have two girls!)


Oh yeah, baby. Love me some black and white awnings.

So pretty. I love the idea of using outdoor fabric to make drapes for a balcony or porch. And I spy some very nice fretwork on the railing there...

via Point Click Home

Holy luxury! Barcelona chairs - OUTSIDE?

Just perfection.

So cozy. Love the glossy painted floors.

Having a great back porch is like adding another room to your house...



I am so crazy over these boxed trees.

These boxwoods look amazing, too. Love the painted-on "door mat." And I LOVE door knobs in the middle of the door. All the doors in Brussels were like this and I loved it.

via Cote de Texas

A tree house is a must.

Those shutters are the perfect color for that stone. Love it.
I have no idea what this adorable little house thing is, but I WANT ONE! {And I'd like that bike while we're at it}

Prettiest. Garage. Ever.

Crazy cool.

Seriously my dream house.

I was pretty much obsessed with The Secret Garden when I was about nine, so having a tree bench would be like a dream come true for me.

I love the yellow on this incredible Dutch door.

This gorgeous garage reminds me of the movie Sabrina...


My life would be complete with a pool house like this...

PS If we didn't have two kids already (with a desire for more) then there would be no question - Team City all the way. But, apartment-living with young kids is tough for me. Especially with these treacherous, long Boston winters.

PPS I have the sweetest husband in the world, who only wants me to be happy. So while he is full-force on Team City, he would gladly sell out and move to the suburbs if I asked him to, any day. I'm a lucky girl.
 
Top