One of my favorite things to do is search for vintage fabrics on eBay. Most of the time you'll find small remnants - just enough to make a pillow or two. But sometimes you hit the jackpot.

Today I won this auction for 10 yards of vintage Schumacher (please excuse the horrible seller's photo). I love the birds and I'm a sucker for greens. I paid about $2 per yard. Not bad! I'm thinking there will be a fabric-as-wallpaper project in my future...


Maybe for a wall in our bedroom? It would be like a poor-girl's Chinoiserie paper.

Or maybe the dining room?


If I have a hard time "installing" the fabric, I could always just upholster some large art canvas to hang on the walls.


Here are some more noteworthy vintage fabric auctions:

Love these stylized roses
I think this fabric looks just like a Liberty of London print. It might in fact be one (priced at an eighth of the cost of Liberty fabrics!)

This blue and green also has a Liberty vibe.

Cool feathers and roses

LOVE the purple/aqua/lime roses

{Can you tell that I love stylized flowers?}
green with roses, perfect for a dramatic dining room!

This retro print is crazy cool and could be perfect in a hip bedroom with lots of white and clean lines.

Awesome zigzag

This normally expensive print was featured in the Domino Book of Decorating. It would make a fabulous pillow or bolster.

Love the aqua, black and white - so dramatic!
Who doesn't love a great bamboo trellis? This would look SO cute in a little girl's room!
There's lots more to be seen here. Remember though, the key to pulling off a vintage fabric in a room is to mix it in with lots of current/new fabrics. Happy hunting!
 
Top