A few years ago, my mom and I were shopping for furniture at an awesome store called J&K in Phoenix that carries new and used home goods. There we stumbled across this Swedish Mora clock knock off.


It clearly was not an antique and it was not in the best shape, but the price was right (less than $50, I think).


It was time to finally update the clock during mom's living room redo. I sanded everything carefully and then gave the whole body two or three coats of Martha Stewart's "Bedford Gray" - a favorite shade of mine. I think it's the perfect non-boring neutral.

After the base coats dried, I trimmed out some of the moulding in a creamy white to help the details stand out a little more.



Then we put the clock back in the living room and suddenly we liked it 100x more! I love how a quick paint job seems to fix everything...

 
Top