Looking for a painting in a particular colorway? That's just the right size for the wall you have in mind? Me too.

I'm thinking about trying this project from BHG.

I guess there are software packages available that can turn any image into the paint-by-numbers format. Here is the one BHG recommends ($24). Using transfer paper, you copy the format onto a canvas (any size) and start painting! Cool, right?

I love oil painting the old fashion way, but it seems like this would make the layout process go so much smoother. Plus, I stink at petals and this might help me practice a bit. I doubt that I'd follow the outline and color codes exactly, but it would be a good place to start and then make the painting my own.

Here are some images I had lying around that I think would make beautiful paintings:




 
Top