This vintage channel back chair was my favorite price (F-R-E-E) at the furniture auction last week.


It is really well built and has the softest down cushion imaginable, which my very pregnant body appreciated after a long day at the auctions.


The fabric is in bad shape though, so new upholstery is in the chair's not-so-distant future. Trouble is I can't decide whether or not to ditch the channel design. Would you believe that I couldn't find a single channel back chair in my design files? Obviously this style is not super en vogue, but can it still be considered chic?

Either way, I want the new vibe of the chair to be modern and spunky. I'm hoping for something as cool as this red-trimmed striped number from Erinn Valencich.


What say you? Rock the channel or go for a straight back?
 
Top