Patricia van Essche hardly needs an introduction in the world of design blogs, but I'm thrilled to welcome her as the latest LGN sponsor!


It has been a joy getting to know Patricia a little better as we've emailed each other over the past few weeks. She seems like such a lovely person, inside and out!


Here's a little about pve, her work and what inspires her, in Patricia's own words...

Some favorite images of mine are actually from when I first began to draw...which my Mom has. I never stopped drawing, painting, illustrating - I have always been passionate about art and other creative types. One thing I wished I had learned early on is that style is not in copying, it is finding what works, what is unique and what comes easy. If things are forced and they do not come naturally, then it usually leads to disaster.
That said, it all takes tremendous courage to be different, to stand out, to be unique. I was always drawn to "lifestyle" - be it a farmer, or a prince, deep down we are all people with hearts. I love those that live a life full of passion, making a house a home....on and on.

Having worked for Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein and other top designers really helped me to see how they took their vision and made it a brand.

I see lifestyles in my "pictures" - I love fine lines, a bit of wit, color and to laugh at life.
My three kids and husband keep me motivated and are great critics when I am knee deep in artwork. I am juggling my work and my family and some days are wonderful and then there are the occasional blips which keep me firmly grounded. I think "faith" and "hope" always guides me to stay the course with my work. I work from home and there always seems to be something to handle, a broken dishwasher today, a pile of laundry the next and a pile of artwork too! I feel totally blessed with a full life and the gift to do my art every day.
(To those of you who are waiting for work, please know how I value each of you.)

I can just see me like Lucille Ball, eating the chocolates on the conveyor belt....well I cannot eat my artwork, but I can draw pretty fast. :)
----

Patricia's beautiful work has a very loyal following, and rightly so! Wouldn't you love to own an original pve design? I think a custom illustration of a home or interior with special meaning would be an amazing gift for a loved one!


Please contact Patricia here for rates. And don't forget to check out her blog, if it's not already a daily read.

Thank you, Patricia!!
 
Top