Have you ever stumbled across a blog and then subsequently neglected home, family and self for hours/days until you had devoured every. single. post? Oh Happy Day was one of the first blogs that did that for me. Jordan has an amazing eye and is talented in just about everything she tries.

It was a really fun day when she contacted me to work with her on decorating her San Francisco apartment.

We're still working on her entry and bedroom, but check out what we've done so far with her living room:


Jordan wanted more color and pattern in the space, so we used Celerie Kemble for Schumacher's Hothouse fabric as our color palette inspiration, since it went so well with Jordan's navy Crate & Barrel sofa. We used this print for a long pillow on the sofa.


We had two mid-century chairs recovered in a small scale trellis patterned green velvet.


We used this navy and white stripe fabric from IKEA for two throw pillows with white piping.




There needed to be more seating in the room, but space was limited, so we opted for this small settee by Nate Berkus for HSN.


I love how the ikat pattern works with the big floral and the velvet.


Jordan had a small round ottoman with a great shape but it needed to be reupholstered.


I found this really beautiful yellow fabric a while back at a fabric outlet and bought the whole roll because I loved the color and pattern so much. I think it's perfect in this space.


We also had an orange velvet pillow made, seen here next to the Jonathan Adler lemon pillow.


Jordan used to have her computer and office space in her bedroom. I'm a big fan of having the office space incorporated into the living space, especially for city-dwelling, work-at-home mothers. It's not always an option for everyone, but I love being right next to my kids while I'm working.

We got an IKEA armoire off Craigslist, painted it BM Casco Bay and added my favorite brass ring pulls.


The best part is the office space that can be completely shut away.


Next to the work space is a little play area for Jordan's son, Moses. Don't you love the white Bertoia kid's chairs? They are from Room Service Home and are a great price (see my post about Room Service here).


{As a side note, I really admire Jordan's curated toy collection. I know first hand how easy it is to amass an obscene amount of plastic junk. It feels like 90% of the toys we own are unnecessary. I've done some spring cleaning in our play room (aka other half of my office) and I'm committed to continuing the editing process. Jordan recommends reading this really interesting article about children and toys.}


Other elements in the room include the TV console that got a couple coats of my favorite red, Rustoleum's Saftey Red. The previously mis-matched bookshelves were painted BM's Spring Dust. The area rug is from IKEA. And the awesome cowboy print has a great back-story.


There are a couple more projects left in this room, but Jordan is having her second son any day now, so I'm pretty sure she's willing to call it a day with decorating!! I love it and hope she enjoys spending time here with her soon-to-be-expanded family!
 
Top