Did you hear that Martha Stewart paints will be sold at Home Depot beginning April 1? I'm really excited to see her new line (assuming it will be different from the Valspar/Lowes line).

I am bummed though that the Ralph Lauren paint line will be discontinued to make way for the Martha paints. I guess that Home Depot will keep all the RL formulas in their computers and they will also keep a fan deck of the old line behind their paint counter for color matching.




This morning I was at Home Depot picking up some supplies for a project at my mom's house, and I had a few minutes to spare so I stood in front of the Ralph Lauren paint chip display and took one of each chip. I would have felt silly, but I've done this before (with the Martha line for Valspar) and knew it wasn't that big of a deal. I have those MS chips hole-punched and stored on rings, but I think I want to figure out a better, more protective solution for my Ralph Lauren chips. I'm just so glad that I didn't miss that chance to get the paint chips before they are gone. Now when I want a RL color, I can just bring in my chip and Home Depot will color match for me in a Behr brand paint.

And speaking of the actual paints, the RL bases are all 50% off right now, so be sure to take advantage of the sale if you need any paints this month.



Now I'm off to work on some projects, but here are a few photos of rooms or projects featuring Ralph Lauren paints to inspire you:

Erika's daughter's crib, painted in 'Golden Candlesticks'




Thom Felicia used "Palais Royal" in this showhouse bedroom featured in House Beautiful.





In another showhouse bedroom featured in Southern Accents, RL's "Bitter Orange" covers all the ceilings and walls.





Thom Felicia painted these great chairs RL's Mango Gold for the showhouse featured in House Beautiful.





Eddie Ross used Ralph Lauren's "Brompton" for this pair of vintage chairs.



Domino featured this beautiful dining room painted in RL's "Purple Embassy." I love how rich this unexpected color is here.





I love "Galvenized", a really rich chocolate brown, and used it as a base for the silver leaf night stands,



and for the legs of my coffee-table-turned-ottoman.


We used "Abassador Sterling" from the Regent Metallics line on the backs of the shelves on my mom's dining hutch. And recently she painted her ceiling another great color from the same line.

 
Top