In between taking care of kids, working and blogging, I like to find time to dream about decorating our next place. As you can imagine, that ends up being about 0.005 seconds per day.

I'm starting fresh with our home decor (good for me (and you!), bad for husband). I love to change up the fabrics in our home often (pillows, drapes), so this go-round I'm making all the foundation pieces super neutral - gray, white, black or beige for the rugs, sofas, chairs and tables and many of the case goods (though, I still love me a red credenza or two!).

The color will come in with lamps, art, painted mirrors, curtains, pillows, skirted tables, things that are easier (relatively) to switch up when I get bored.

Remember Domino Editor in Chief Debroah Needleman's apartment? Yeah, sort of like that. But a little more color thrown in, cause, you know, it's still me.


I'm not looking to copy the apartment exactly, but in case you are, here are some ways to achieve the same look:

1. Crate and Barrel's Petrie ($1599) or Custom Sofa Design's Paramaunt (starting at $599)

2. PB's Henley rug (on sale now!)



3. CB2 Peekaboo coffee table ($249)


4. Pretty Pillows
John Robshaw for a splurge (this one's on my list)


Fabricadabra for affordability



5. Bergere chairs (don't forget to check eBay and Craigslist first). I love how these chairs look in velvet.


6. Python tray (12"x19", $38)


image via MA Belle; originally from Domino


7. Don't forget the baby grand piano. Oh, yeah, I would do it. And my neighbors would hate me.
 
Top