A few months ago, during one of my almost-free furniture hauls, I scored this Draper-esque chest of drawers. It needs some TLC, but that happens to be my specialty.


Can you believe dressers with a similar look go for thousands of dollars?





I'm dreaming of where the Draper chest should live in our next home. Should it go in our new living room?


Elle Decor

I could ditch the gold detailing for a more minimalist look?


David Jimenez

Angie Hranowsky

Maybe in our entry?

via Sunset

via Jordan

Or maybe I could find it a sister and put them in my next office?


OR! Maybe I could use it in my future bedroom, a la Melissa Warner of Messucco Warner Miller. I'm so obsessed with her whole apartment, but this bedroom absolutely sings to me.

image courtesy of Shelter from this month's House Beautiful

P.S. Once upon a time I was shopping for a client at the Cambridge Antiques Market and I stumbled across a tulip alabaster lamp almost exactly like the ones above, except it was a little smaller. I went back three times to admire it and on the third trip, I was determined to just fork over the $125 (big bucks for our student budget). Of course the lamp was gone by then and to this day I wish I would have just bought it the first time. So, friends, learn from my mistake. If you really really love something and it's a unique piece - BUY IT! Or you will be kicking yourself for many years to come.
 
Top