I'd be a wealthy lady if I had a dime for all the times, when I was pregnant with my first, other moms told me to "Have fun now because your life will never be the same!"

Our three girls are the spice in life for me and Michael. They are adorable, sweet and endlessly witty. Some days I want a dozen more! (some days I want to hide in the closet) But it's naive to think life isn't different, for good or for bad, with our children in the mix.

Having kids often changes the way we think about our careers, how we spend our money, how and where we travel, how much we sleep, what we eat, what we wear, and (ahem) how our bodies look. It's an all-encompassing life change. And a part of adjusting our lives for children includes consideration when decorating our homes. We talked a little about that here.


This week, Kirsten from 6th Street Design School interviewed a few mommy bloggers in a series call Good Design, Kids in Mind. You should go check it out and see what we all have to say about being design-minded moms. Find out what I was like in junior high (poor Mom!) and how I keep this almost-walking 10 month-old from destroying every lamp, jar, vase, bowl, and accessory in our apartment.

 
Top