I received a few emails asking where I got some of the things in my bedroom, so I thought I'd throw it all out there. Let me know if I forgot something you're interested in knowing...


The duvet cover and shams are from Overstock (in Titanium).

The navy/white quilt is from the HomeGoods clearance section for $5.

The bolster pillow was made by moi with Chiang Mai fabric in the alabaster colorway (bought a remnant from eBay for cheap). I used this down pillow form from IKEA.

The art was thrifted or fleaed or bought on etsy. Most of the frames are IKEA Ribbas.

The steel "J & M" letters are from Anthropologie.

The mirror is also from Homegoods. I paid a whopping $17 for that bad boy. It was HIDEOUS when I bought it a year or so ago. I painted it the wall color (very roughly, so that you could still see the beaded detail in the moulding). I wanted it to sort of blend in with the walls, since our room is small. The mirror sure helps to brighten the room.


The powder-coated lamps are from IKEA and are totally worth the high-for-IKEA price tag.

The headboard was thrifted years ago and has been many, many colors during our time together. I like this mustard yellow incarnation though (Martha Stewart for Valspar (Lowes) "No.2 Pencil"). This color's holding the record for longevity so far.


The nightstands are vintage and mis-matched, but have been given the same coat of white paint for unity purposes.

The dresser was thrifted and painted MS "Gravel", a really beautiful shade of gray (if anyone is looking for a good one out there).

The glass water jugs on top of the dresser are from HomeGoods (they sell them at Anthropologie, too).


The kilim rug is from the IKEA as-is section. You can still buy it here.

And finally, the walls are MS "Cakestand Blue." Bright and fresh, but not 'baby boy blue'. Ya know?

I think that's everything. It's not really a "decorated" room, but it's cheerful, which makes me happy to wake up to every morning.
 
Top