In my haste to post yesterday about this house, I forgot to include one of my favorite photos of the bunch:


The home owner explains that she found a book at a flea market called "All About Your Canary," cut it apart and framed the pages for her hallway. Looks great, right?

You can buy "All About Your Canary" (published in 1951) on Amazon for $19.99.

I know I talk about it all the time, but I really love framing pages from books.


Everyone knows and uses the Cabinet of Natural Curiosities for this. And during recent trips to Anthropologie, I've been eyeing another gorgeous book about butterflies and insects (cheaper here)Don't you think the images look really similar to the art used in this great photo (from Domino)?


I also love any calendar made by Cavelli and Sons for a framed print series. Their images are so gorgeous and are printed on nice, heavy paper. And I think (depending on the wall size) that 12 is the perfect number of prints for a series.

Wouldn't these birds look great in a dining room? Sort of like a poor man's chinoiserie paper!


A little tip - calendars go on mega-sale in February and March. I saw a few left in Paper Source last week even. They were less than $10 each.

I think I'm going to start stocking up on these when they are on sale. I'd cut the pages out and wrap them up in a pretty bow for a hostess gift.


Look at the great calendars they have for 2010...

What have you framed to make cheap art?
 
Top