For some reason I always have loved this Mary Macdonald living room. It just looks so livable -- like I could move right in.


The colors are both energetic and soothing. And I love the pop of red peeking out from around the corner.

The upholstered furniture is just perfection. I'm crazy over those little slipper chairs with the nailhead detail. I don't particularly love the scrolly side table (would have preferred something like this or like this), but I love the antiqued mirrored coffee table.

I think a lot of us would have chosen to paint the large dark hutch here white or another light color. But the dark paint/stain really helps to ground the room and keeps the other colors from going into the 'too sweet' territory. The painted interior shelves though are just the right touch.

Love you, Mary! Let's hang out!
 
Top