We bought our china hutch five years ago at a thrift store for $35. It was painted hot pink when we bought it and it has been about six other colors since then.


A few months ago, I painted it a pale blue (above, behind the chairs) which I liked, but felt the hutch needed a little more. I never really liked the fussy hardware, so I bought new bin pulls and a couple knobs from this eBay shop on the cheap (I think it was around $30 for everything). The new hardware instantly updated the hutch and helped brightened the room.


Then I bought a few sheets of pretty paper for a couple dollars each from Paper Source, cut the paper to size (being careful to line up the pattern) and double-stick taped the sheets to the backs and sides of the inside of the hutch.


My original plan was to spray glue or even mod podge the paper in place, but so far the double stick tape has served me well. Which I've decided will make my life really easy when I will inevitably want to change out the paper in six months or so. {Is there a medication for whatever it is that I have?}


Have a great weekend! My parents are in town and I'll be busy taking advantage of full-time sitters and my mom's unfailing eye for home decor. See you Monday.
 
Top