Hi friends,

I'm feeling a little under the weather, so I'm going to take a few days off. Here are some things on my mind right now, before I forget.

1. This post on Craig's List made my day (just imagining what a shabby Sheik would look like...)

2. I think I am in love with this china pattern. It's called Chinoiserie, made by Wedgewood, designed by Jasper Conran. Unfortunately I will have to sell my first born to afford 12 place settings.



3. Target is having a 50% off sale on their home design event thingy. I really like this faux bois side table. And some of the lamps are nice too.


4. Which reminds me that Target totally knocked off JCrew with this new necklace I bought for $14.99 (much better than $150, I say).


5. Make your iPhone pics look like a Holga (see above).


6. I like these 4 and 5 cent stamps at the post office right now. Makes me want to send some post cards.

7. Barbara Wiggins makes gorgeous and shockingly expensive journals and books out of buttery soft leather. Paper Source has a really great clearance section right now (you should stop by). I bought a beautiful address book for $5 (down from $75). I feel so organized when I have addresses and birthdays sitting together in a pretty little book on my desk.


8. Learning to quill has been on my long-term to do list for a few years now. It needs to happen this year. I want to make something like this to frame and hang in the girls room.

9. Did you see this Parisian house on the Selby? Did you freak out like I did when you saw all these incredible books?


After about a week straight of dreaming about them, I put my husband (aka Master of the Internet Search) to hard work, hoping he could find more than I did about these books with the gorgeous covers.


Turns out their from the French publishing house, NRF. Meaning all the books are in french. A language I don't really speak. And you know what? I would still buy them, all in the name of art. Or maybe it would be a good incentive to fully learn French?


10. For some reason I really like this 1957 bridal portrait of Gloria Vanderbilt. It's probably because I just finished House of Mirth and recently watched Age of Innocence. I think the life of a New York socialite is so interesting. Plus I love her wedding dress.


11. My friend, Lisa, who does speak french btw (she lives in Brussels), has a dining room/conservatory that looks just like this. Aren't you jealous?


12. And lastly, do any of you know of a really good and really cheap graphic/web designer (maybe a student?) who could help a sister out? I'm trying to start a new website and would love a little advice. Or maybe you have a book or website on the topic that you've used successfully? I would love to hear all about it.

Okay, back to bed. See you in a few days.
J
 
Top