One of the (few) upsides to a tanking economy is that there seems to be a lot of sale items in stores right now. Here are a few of my favorites.

FROM BALLARD DESIGNS

Green Suzani duvet ($69.99 for the queen)


This indoor/outdoor rug ($94.99) would be great under a dining room table.


As would this indoor/outdoor rug ($159.99 for 8x11)


Absolutely love this set of four scalloped plates (in your choice of green or white for $39.99).

Set of nine astronomy prints ($299.99). These are too pricey for me, even on sale. But I think they are great inspiration. It would be so easy to recreate this look with astronomy maps from eBay and some IKEA frames.


This is a cool take on the sunburst mirror ($129.99)



FROM POTTERY BARN

Who here doesn't love a good bentwood chair? I really like these stools ($149.99).


I've been loving the Priscilla daybed ($499.99) for a while. Still out of my price range for something I don't have room for. But totally gorgeous, nonetheless.



Velvet boudoir pillows ($9.99). I love me some velvet throw pillows. Don't forget to add your monogram.


Greek Key bolster pillows ($19.99)


Moroccan towels (only available in the blue for $6.99)



Keep all your bathroom clutter corralled with this beautiful bath tray ($19.99).


Monthly journal set ($49.99). Seems pricey, I know. But what a nice gift for a graduating senior or a newlywed or anyone embarking on a new adventure.


I am in the middle of The Brothers Karamazov (holy 900 pages, Batman!) and could really use a decent bookmark like this engraved one ($5.99).


Inlaid mirror ($169.99). It's hard for me to explain just how tempted I am by this mirror. I love inlaid details. And the black and white would look amazing in my dining room.


Chanukah has come and gone, but these holiday tapers ($5.99) would make for some seriously chic birthday cake candles!


FROM WEST ELM

The coveted diamond jute rug is finally on sale (the 9x12 is only $239!).


The jute and wool blend in this rug ($199 for the 8x10) makes for a softer feel underfoot and for crawling babies.


These pom-pom pillows ($4.99) are really cute, and not just for a kids room, though that would be adorable.


These towel holders ($9.99-$19.99) are so awesome. They almost look like faux horn or bakelite. Love them.


Do you know of any noteworthy sale items out there?
 
Top