I have a slightly unhealthy obsession with vintage campaign furniture.

Did you see Vanessa De Vargas' kelly green campaign style console in the latest Lonny? {By the way, if you're not reading Lonny (a FREE online magazine) you're really missing out!}



Campaign furniture can be pricey, especially in vintage furniture stores (where they know what they have) but sometimes you can luck out on Craigslist. I recently bought a pair of dressers with removable shelves for our bedroom, which is slowly but surely getting decorated.

CL seller's photo (not too appealing, right? It's all about the potential!)

The set was $60 and was in decent condition (not too many scratches) but it was DIRTY!!


Check out the nasty, dingy brass hardware before:


I used Bar Keeper's Friend to soak and scrub off all the grime.


Then it was time to paint. I wiped down all the surfaces really well and vacuumed out the inside of the dressers. Everything was primed with Zinssers using a mini-roller.


Then I used a brush to paint all the corners and awkward parts of the dressers and shelves.


A mini roller was used to apply two to three coats of paint (Benjamin Moore's 'Hamptons Green' in semi-gloss latex).


This weekend our bedroom is getting all the finishing touches, so come back next week for the reveal and projects recap. Though, I have to say, my motherly instincts are telling me that I'm going to have the baby sooner than later...?

 
Top