I salivate at the mention of carrara marble. Seriously, though, it is so expensive, and I've heard that it's really hard to come by these days. (most people are using Calcutta?) I don't do work on kitchens and I have never done a serious kitchen remodel of my own, so I don't know all that much about counter tops.



But, I know I fell in love when I saw these cement counter tops on design*sponge. The home owners MADE the counters themselves, and, admittedly, they said it was a lot of work, though the cost of goods was pretty low.



Do any of you readers have cement counter tops? I've read that sealing them can be tricky. Though carrara is not exactly stain-proof!


At any rate, concrete counters make for a very pretty kitchen. And check out those vintage lockers they installed as a pantry! Genius!



And don't you just love the ink blue cabinets? They really did a great job here.



And now, just like that, I'm back to wanting a big home in the suburbs. :)
 
Top