I love to buy inexpensive art on eBay.

This is my favorite search:
Paintings, original, oil, pre-1800-1969, $0-$200.

Here are a few favorites up for auction right now:

floral still life


seaside scene



pretty landscape


un-floral floral.


Another floral. Love this one.


Village street


Painterly hydrangeas in a bamboo frame? What's not to love?


Tiny lovliness


Moody abstract


This oil is my favorite piece of art in our home. I bought it on eBay last year for almost nothing - it felt sort of dishonest, I got it for so cheap.


I love the lady peeping out behind the flowers. And the colors just sing to me.


I think it's from the 20s or 30s. The canvas is pretty crusty and a little saggy. It could use a professional cleaning and it really needs to be restretched, but all that can wait a year or two.

 
Top